Billing and Collection Services
Practices and clinical laboratories of all sizes and sophistication have discovered the benefits of outsourcing revenue cycle management. In addition to cost savings, there is a significant improvement in quality and compliance to be realized by outsourcing these services to an agent with expertise in your specialty. Focusing on pathology and clinical laboratories, PSA's Billing & Collection Services offer maximized collections through processes developed by a staff with over 25 years' experience in billing.
PSA's Billing and Collection Services include:
- Processes Compliant with all Government Regulations
- Accession or Patient Encounter Monitoring to Ensure Every Case is Submitted for Reimbursement
- Timely Billing Procedures Requiring Claims to be Filed within 3 to 5 Days of Receipt
- Line-Item Posting to Monitor Payor Adherence to Contracted Terms
- Management Reporting to Track Fluctuations in Physician Referrals and Payor Reimbursement Trends
- Standard and Customized Reports Based on Client's Needs
- Dedicated In-House Interface Team to Build, Test, and Monitor Software between PSA and Affiliated Clients
- Internal Reviews of Billing and CPT Coding Procedures to Ensure Compliance and Evaluate Performance
- Coding Consultations with Certified Professional Coders (CPCs)
- Competent and Compassionate Patient Service Center with Extended Service Hours
Coding Reviews and Reimbursement Audit
An annual coding review for all PSA billing clients is performed using random statistical sampling procedures in accordance with the PSA Compliance Program. In addition to the annual coding review, PSA performs a random Billing and Reimbursement Audit as a quality assurance procedure for our billing offices, and to ensure compliance with government regulations and adherence of payors to contracted terms.
For more information on PSA's Coding Compliance services explore the following links:
Patient Service Center
PSA operates an in-house Patient Service Center which patients can access either over the phone or via the web at www.psabilling.com. This service provides automated and online payment options, the ability to update insurance information, and submit inquiries about a bill. PSA utilizes detailed reporting which allows clients to monitor the number of calls, reason for calls and from which physician office the calls were generated.
Click here to read more on how PSA's Patient Service Center can benefit your practice/laboratory.
Supported by a comprehensive disaster recovery plan, PSA clients have the advantage of state of the art billing software and leading edge business intelligence reporting. By utilizing PSA’s robust custom reporting package, PSA clients are offered an array of essential management information specific to their individual practice. To protect the security of our client’s data and information, PSA’s disaster recovery plan is built upon redundant hardware and replicated data at geographically separate data centers.
The security processes and standards to which PSA adheres, are based on best practices as outlined by groups such as the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, the SANS Institute, the Information Security Forum (ISF), and Microsoft. PSA also conforms to all security standards set forth by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
PSA hardware, software packages, and custom applications are supported and maintained by highly qualified internal technical teams.